Posts for: July, 2019
- Crooked, cracked or decayed teeth can be corrected through bonding, crowns, and veneers, returning your smile to its once vibrant and healthy appearance.
- Decay and disease can cause you to lose teeth, creating gaps that hollow your face and age your appearance. Cosmetic dentistry offers a wide variety of options such as dental implants for restoring missing teeth, keeping your smile and face younger looking.
- Teeth that have yellowed or discolored over time due to wine, tobacco or staining foods can be lightened up to ten shades with professional teeth whitening treatments performed by a qualified cosmetic dentist.
- “Horsey” looking teeth or “gummy” smiles can be corrected through gum re-contouring or restructuring to create a younger, more appealing smile.
- Misaligned or gapped teeth can be straightened through orthodontia such as Invisalign that is virtually invisible and pain and hassle-free.
The dog days of summer are still here, but with Fall on its way maybe you’d like to change more than the weather. Perhaps it’s time to treat yourself to a new smile! There are a variety of restorative and cosmetic dentistry procedures that your dentist can use to make your smile the best that it can be.
Restorative and cosmetic options
There’s no reason to continue putting off repairs or to delay improving your appearance. Techniques and procedures have improved over the years, and you may be surprised at what your dentist can do for your smile. Some of the options include porcelain veneers that cover your teeth, implants to close gaps left by missing teeth, crowns that make a tooth like new, bonding to improve a tooth’s appearance, and enamel shaping that transforms teeth into the exact shape you desire.
It’s easy to brighten your smile using one of the many teeth whitening options available today. Whiten your teeth at home using products like strips, gels, or bleaching trays. Or, visit your dentist for fast and effective professional whitening results.
It’s never too late to improve your self-esteem and your jaw alignment by seeking orthodontic treatment. To achieve a flawless smile, consider Invisalign clear braces that will transform your teeth while going virtually unnoticed by others.
The first step is to schedule an appointment with Beville Dental Care in Daytona Beach for a checkup. You will have tartar buildup removed and get your teeth cleaned to a sparkly finish. Also, our dentist will examine your mouth to make sure everything is healthy. This visit will also give you the opportunity to discuss your smile with your dentist and come up with a plan for any improvements you’d like to make.
In the past, replacing lost teeth meant getting dentures or bridges. Even though these offered the best way at the time to restore your mouth’s appearance and function, technology has improved through the development of dental implants. The main drawbacks of bridges and dentures is that they do not feel or look just like real teeth, and it is difficult to chew tough foods. The advantage of implants is that they look and perform so well that you can’t even tell they are not your natural teeth.
Made from titanium, dental implants are screws that are surgically placed directly into your jawbone. They are light and malleable, but durable and strong. The titanium screws are implanted into your jawbone and given time to heal. Once healing is complete, one or multiple crowns are placed on top of the implant to recreate your missing teeth. One implant can hold more than one screw, so it is possible to attach as many crowns as needed to replace your missing teeth.
Dental implants look so much like real teeth that others won’t even be able to tell that you have any artificial teeth. You might even forget about it yourself, as they feel real as well. Since the implants are securely placed in your jaw, they are as strong as real teeth and you are able to chew and bite anything that you would normally eat. Another great thing about implants is that they don’t impact any of your adjacent healthy teeth. While bridges and dentures can sometimes damage neighboring teeth because those teeth are necessary for support, implants avoid this problem. You are left with a fully restored and comfortable smile.
Schedule a dental implant consultation at our Daytona Beach dental office to see if dental implants are an option for you.